It's that time of year when we think about giving. It's also a time of year when those of us in the real estate profession have a slow down in activity. Here's an idea for you: "Volunteer - Giver's Gain!
Getting involved in your community as a volunteer can bring new clients to your real estate business. At the same time, you will be providing a valuable and worth while service to your community. Here are some ideas of how to accomplish that goal:
- A great first stop might be to visit VolunteerMatch. You'll be able to search by zipcode and enter keywords to narrow the search results to be more specific to your interests.
- Agent who are 55 years of age or older, especially those specializing in the boomer niche, my want to visit: Get Involved! This is a program sponsored by Senior Corps.
- Check out: All for Good. This is a service of Points of Light, and has a large database of community service opportunities.
- You could volunteer to sponsor a blood drive for the Red Cross at your office. There is always a need for blood donors!
- Why not volunteer to read to children at the local library?
- Local soup kitchens are always looking for volunteers to feed the homeless.
- One of my personal favorites is Rotary International. You can find a club near you here: Rotary Club Finder
- Another great service organization is Kiwanis. You can find a club near you here: Kiwanis Club Finder
In short, if you want to grow your real estate business, help your community and feel good about what you are doing ... Volunteer, volunteer, volunteer! Take it from me you won't regret it. You will gain far more than you give!
Learn more about Realty World Indy by visiting our website: Join Realty World Indy